Honest, helpful, strategic: Family Law Guidance That
Puts You First.
Protect Your Children’s Best Interests And Your Parental Rights
When you are going through a separation or divorce as a parent, you are naturally concerned about how to watch out for your children’s well-being and future. With a caring, skilled family law attorney on your side, you can focus on the most important decisions for your family and let your lawyer guide you through the legal processes.
I am attorney Jeff Bacon, and I can help you through any aspect of your child custody and support case, such as the following:
- Documentation of reasons to support a proposed custody arrangement
- Psychological evaluation of the children
- Accurate financial calculations for child support purposes
How Child Custody Is Determined In Oklahoma
Your family situation may match one of these descriptions when a judge issues a child custody order:
- Sole legal custody: You (or the other parent) may have the right to make decisions for your child(ren) regarding school, medical care, religion and more.
- Joint legal custody: Both of you may have the right to make legal decisions for your children.
- Sole physical custody: Your child(ren) will live with one parent, although the other may have visitation rights.
- Joint physical custody: Your child or children will regularly move between your households (or, in rare cases, the children may stay in one place and the parents may move in and out).
Ideally, you and the other parent should arrive at a mutually agreeable arrangement. If this is not achievable, a family law judge may decide, based on the following and other factors:
- The desires of the parents (and the child if they are old enough) and the quality of the respective parent-child relationships
- The child’s relationship with other family members such as grandparents and siblings, and the child’s involvement in school and extracurricular activities
- The mental and physical health of the children and parents
- Each parent’s ability to make good decisions for the child(ren) and support the ongoing relationship with the other parent
- Any history of child abuse by one or both parents
I can help you prepare to make a strong case in support of your preferred child custody arrangement and your child(ren)’s well-being. Depending on your family circumstances, a guardianship appointment for a grandparent, aunt or uncle may be appropriate, rather than a custody order.
What If Things Change?
Your job schedule may change. One or both of you may have family health crises to deal with. When circumstances warrant a modification of a child custody order, I can help you petition the family law court to approve.
For personalized guidance regarding child custody, child support, or a modification of custody or support order, call my law office in Tulsa at 918-480-9637 or send an email inquiry.
Contact Me Online For One-On-One Family Law Guidance
The specialists of our company will provide you with expert advice on any issue that interests you.
Get In Touch
We are ready to answer right now! Sign up for a free consultation.